6/10/10

Chapter 7: Trevor who?

I rolled over and looked at my phone. It was already one o’clock in the afternoon. I just laid there, starring at the ceiling. Just thinking to myself about yesterday and everything that had happened. Could I really be okay enough today to just go out? Hang out with new people? Can I really just act like nothing had happened? Sure, I’d been hurt. Really hurt. But I know I didn’t truly deeply madly love him. Did I? There was no way I possibly could of, if I could just get up and forget it, act like nothing happened, right? But could I? He was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. But I wasn’t crying. “Good sign!” I told myself as I sat up on the edge of my bed. I looked at my self in the mirror and boy did I ever look like a big pile of poop. I got up, and walked to the kitchen, I could hear my mom washing dishes and I wanted to see her.

“Hey mom” I said tiredly.
“Good afternoon honey, how was your sleep?” She said never turning around to look at me.
“It was good, I guess” I chuckled.
“That’s good”, she looked over shoulder and smiled, “What time do you plan on going out tonight?”
“Uh, I’m not really sure about that. Do you think you could give us a ride there later?” I asked.
“I’m sure we could work something out.”
“Thanks mom. I’m sure Sharon can give you directions or something.” I laughed as my mom sighed and rolled her eyes I’m sure. My mom hasn’t always been a fan of Sharon. But she knows she can’t change my mind. She was the first friend I made when we moved here almost six years ago. I wasn’t losing that friendship. My mom just thought she’d be a bad influence on me, because Sharon was a bit, how can I put this, Promiscuous? She has daddy issues, to be honest; I just think she enjoys the attention.

I went back to my room to get changed. On my way past, I grabbed the cordless phone. I needed to call Sharon and see what she was up to. So, I dialled her number and it began to ring.

“Hello?” Sharon answered the phone.
“Hey” I said smiling, I loved when she answered the phone and I didn’t have to wait for her to come to the phone.
“What’s up?”
“Oh, nothing really, I just woke up not too long ago. How about you?” I asked.
“Same” She giggled, “I’m gonna be getting ready to go over to Erica’s house soon.”
“Oh cool. I’ll get ready soon too. My mom said she can drive us over.”
“Awesome. That’ll save us some time and I can introduce you to my boyfriend!” Sharon said excitedly.
“Alright, well just come on over when your ready and we’ll chill for a bit. ‘kay?” I said.
“Alrighty! See ya soon girl!” and she hung up the phone.

I decide to care a little more today about what I was going to wear; after all, I would be meeting new people today. First impressions last a life time, or so they say.

***


It was almost three in the afternoon and I was finally ready to go. Sharon had called to say she was on her way over, we didn’t waste time chatting in my room before we left. My mom and I met her in the van, and we left. Sharon told my mom that he lived on MacDonald Rd, and she drove us there. The drive only took about twenty minutes, and the whole time Sharon just talked about how excited she was and stuff. Nothing I really cared about, I was nervous. I always was when I was meeting new people. I was more nervous because Sharon had told me another guy I would be meeting here tonight went to Melbrook. She apparently hung out with him all the time too, so more than likely I would be too. Great, back to that first impressions thing.

Sharon got out of the van, and I hung back to say bye to my mom.
“Just give me a call if you need a ride home, okay?” She asked.
“Alright mom. I love you. And Thanks.” I smiled and got out.
She just waved at me and drove off. I stood there looking around the neighbour hood. It was way different looking then where we lived. More run down, and I was sort of scared. I followed Sharon up to the house and waited for her to knock. But she didn’t, she just walked in! I was about to freak out, but then I heard everyone greeting her like she was family. I guess they were expecting her. I followed close behind her, through the door, where we took our shoes off and she started walking through the kitchen, and into a living room.

There was a bunch of people sitting around talking. I saw Erica and Heather, they we’re the only ones I knew. Sharon over, and jumped into the lap of this guy, I assumed it was her boyfriend Timmy. I just stood there; I didn’t know what to do. Sharon started listing off all the people.

“Everyone this is Holly. Holly this is Timmy,” She smiled and kissed him, and continued, “You know Erica and Heather. That’s mommy, or Dana , Dad or Rob. That over there is Dan, he doesn’t live here, but he may as well.” She laughed. Everyone waved and said hello, they were all so welcoming. I was told to take a seat, so I did.

We sat around the house, talking, laughing, having a good time. It was a long time before anyone new come in. But Sharon wasn’t kidding me when she said there would be a bunch of guys stopping in and going straight down stairs. I never got introduced to any of them. But that was fine by me, I wasn’t big on meet a ton of new people anyway.

I was sitting on the corner of a big couch, I could see down the hall, and the door that lead to the basement, where everyone was disappearing to. Suddenly I saw the door open, and this big guy stood there. Sharon jumped out of Timmy’s lap and ran to give this guy a hug. As soon as that happened I assumed this was Jason. It turned out I was right. My whole world felt like it was shaking. I wanted to look away but I couldn’t. He was tall, and oh so handsome. Not in a, oh look at me I’m perfect, kind of way, but adorable. He had blonde, curly hair, and light baby blue eyes. And when he smiled, I thought I would die! It was cute, and welcoming, and sweet, and sexy all at the same time.

”Hey Holly! This is Jason!” She smiled and continued, “And Jason, this is Holly. She’s gonna be coming to Melbrook after the break!” She was way more excited than even I was about that.
“Hey” I said hesitantly, and smiling uncontrollably.
“Hello there!” He said quickly and then walked into the living room. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. He was so cute! Sharon never told me that part. He sat down on the floor, almost right in front of me. I looked down into my lap. I thought if I didn’t my eyes were gonna fall out of my head. But even


as I was looking down, I was still trying to look at him. I think he knew. He would look over in my direction and smile, and I could feel my face deceiving me, and turning bright, burning hot red. I’d never felt like this before around any other guy not even Trevor had this feeling come out in me. As time went on and he still sat there, I just gave up trying to hide it, I kept looking. By this point, all I was thinking was Trevor who?

I never believed in love at first sight, that was until now. I wanted him. Everything in my being told me, he was it. He was who I wanted to be sitting next, he was the guy I wanted. I wanted to hug him, and kiss him, and just feel his warmth next to me. I wanted those big hands touching me, not the floor! Was I losing my mind? Even if I was, I didn’t care. So much time must of passed but I wasn’t watching a clock, I watching him. Suddenly he stood up, I didn’t know why, but he towered over me, and I was looking up as he said “Well Imma head down stairs for the game, Tim, come on, let’s go.” He waved good bye and just like that he was gone. Maybe that’s what they were talking about while I was day dreaming about Jason.

We stayed in the living room mostly. Erica and I just hung out, she was right Sharon was barely around at all. She left to go down stairs most of the time. I really liked hanging out with her though. She was awesome, and we were discovering that we had a lot in common.

It was getting late, and I had to call my mom to leave. Sharon was staying the night. So, it was just me leaving. When my mom got there I said good bye to everyone I had just met. I felt liked. Dana gave me a big hug and told me to came back some time, same with Erica. I really liked these people. I was happy, nothing hurt inside me anymore. It was like coming here was medicine for my heart.

The whole ride home was quiet, except for the radio. My mom was tired, and I could only think of him. There was so many questions going through my mind. How old was he? Did he have a girlfriend? Should I even be thinking about that right now? Oh, his smile! It was stuck in my mind, and wasn’t leaving anytime soon. Plus, I didn’t really want it to. I mean, I liked it. A lot.

When we got home, I dashed into my room, and shut the door. I was dancing around like a little girl, hopped up on sugar. It was ridiculous. I was humming to myself, and giggling. I got changed into my P.J’s, even though I didn’t think I was ever going to fall asleep.

I laid down, and closed my eyes. I saw his face. I saw his smile and heard his voice. I was losing my mind and loving it. It took awhile, but I finally fell asleep. He was the last thing I thought about, and I slept like a baby that night, smiling all the while…

No comments: