Monday came and went.
Tuesday did the same.
Wednesday no different.
When Thursday came, I had no idea what to do. Trevor left my house Saturday night, and I haven't heard from him since. Was it really my fault? Did I really do something wrong? I was so confused and I had no idea what to do. I hate this!
All my classes seem to blur together, nothing was the same. I couldn't laugh, I couldn't smile, everything just sucked so much. I left my last class early, I just didn't want to sit there anymore without him. I went to my locker and gathered up my books, just as I was about to shut the door, a piece of paper fell onto the floor. I reached down and picked it up. Written on the inside was just a phone number. 519-455-8786. “Who's number is this?”, I thought to myself. I stuffed the paper into my pocket, and started heading to the door. I was going to just get on the bus and go home, but when I saw the football field and the bleachers, I paused. All I could think about was going to sit over there, just like we did that first day. I missed him so much already. So, I did wheat any love struck, dumb girl would do, and I walked over to the bleachers.
As I was sitting there, I thought about that phone number again and pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it for a bit. I don't remember this number and normally I'm pretty damn good at numbers.
“Who could this be, ” I thought to myself, “well I could just call it and see who answers, couldn't I?” So I did just that, I pulled out my cell phone and began to dial, my heart racing with every push of a button. Then when the phone started ringing, I honestly thought my heart was gonna beat out of my chest. Then I heard him. It was Trevor. My heart sang into my stomach this time, just at the sound of his voice. He was at school? Why has he been avoiding me? Why would he leave his phone number in my locker? All these questions stirring around in my head. I could even bring myself to speak to him. I just sat there silent, listening to him...
“Hello...Hellllloooooo” Trevor said, very annoyed. “Are you going to answer me? I can hear you breathing! Okay then, Im hanging up. Thanks for the chat...”
At this point I knew I needed to speak fast or who knows when I was going to hear from him again. So I began to talk, only what I said wasn't exactly what I thought I was going to say...
“Where the hell have you been? Why have you been avoiding me!” I demanded, and let me tell you, I sounded so much more angry then I really felt.
“Whoa! Holly. I've been...sick. I asked one of the guys to throw my phone number in your locker so I could talk to you. I'm really sorry.” He said with a fairly sincere voice. But for some reason something about this situation just didn't seem right, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, I really do like him.
“Oh. I'm Sorry. It's just been so long, I've missed you so much. It's been weird not hving you in class and around on breaks.” I said, calming down much better then I had been before.
“I know. I've missed you too.” Trevor said in a tone I really didn't think was right. Something about everything he was saying in this conversation just didn't add up, why? I don't really know. and I
probably should have said something then, but I didn't. As the call ended he had told me that he was going to be at school in the morning and everything would be just like it had been, and there was nothing to worry about. But, really, who says that? specially to me? The biggest worrier in the world!
The whole bus ride home was just me thinking about that small conversation. It was just too weird not to think about. Why wouldn't he of text me? He has my cell number. Why wouldn't he of sent me an e-mail? Or at least got his friend to leave his name on the paper with his number. I realize it's not his fault his friend wrote it they way he did. I had enough time to think about that one. But I was getting closer to my stop and I needed to get off and get home. after all I needed to forget about thing tonight, to stop obsessing about his tone, and just wait to see what tomorrow brings and the rest of this semester. Just relax.
***
Time passes by like it always does, and everything really was simply...perfect. As stupid and as corny as it sounds, life was good. At this point in time I had the perfect boyfriend. The cutest guy around, quarterback of the football team, so very popular, and all mine. I had the greatest friends in the world, not only at school but at home too. My parents were happy with life too. My mom had a good job as a nurse and my dad was driving the city bus. Everything really was good.
Trevor was right, everything at school went back to normal. We went to class together, we hung out at every lunch break. Girls were jealous, and boys we're looking at Trevor like he was blind. The days went by, then weeks, and months even. Everything was surprisingly blissful.
No comments:
Post a Comment