4/18/10

Chapter 3: Just a Saturday Night.

I was standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom, realizing it's only two hours until Trevor would be here for our date.

“What am I going to wear?” I said out loud to myself. “OMG! Holly get a grip! What does it matter? Seriously, he likes you for you. It's not like you try hard to look good at school.” But I just stood there, starring at myself. Finally, I stopped and sighed, went to my closet, and picked out some jeans and a cute tank.


As I was about to take off the pants I had been wearing yesterday and had fallen asleep in, I felt something in my pocket. I took out a crumpled piece of paper, and remembered that Trevor had given it to me at the end of school. I opened it up and began to read:


Hey Holly,

I just wanted to leave you with something

to make you think of me until tomorrow.

I miss you already! I've liked you since the day

I laid eyes on you, on registration day. I can't

wait to see your beautiful face, and look into

your eyes tomorrow.

Your Romeo,

Trevor

xoxoxo


I put down the note, and sighed. Why couldn't he have said something sooner then. I just don't understand boys!


“Knock, Knock!”


“Come in” I yelled. It was my mom, she just stood and looked at me.

“What?” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Oh nothing, just wondering where your going?” My mom said looking at me up and down.

“What makes you think I'm going any where?” I said, sounding much more defensive then I'd intended to.

“Look at yourself, then try to tell me your not going anywhere?”

“Okay, Fine. I'm going to the movies with my,” I hesitated, “friend.”

“Alright, have fun. Do you need a ride?” My mother asked. My mom can be so great! Now I wonder how she'll take my answer.

“Well, thanks mom, but he actually has a car.” I turned away from her just so I didn't have to see her face.

“He? Drives? Who is he? Where did you meet him? And how old is he?” She snapped. I sooo knew she wouldn't take this well.

“His name is Trevor, he's super awesome. He goes to school with me, and he's 18. Really mom it's no biggie, I promise.” I tried to sound as nonchalant as I could. My mom stood there just looking at me for a long moment, so long in fact, that I was starting to feel uncomfortable. Then she spoke, “Fine, but I want you home by 11, no later!”



“Okay mom, I know my curfew.”

She stood there a few minutes longer, nodded, and left my room. Well, damn! That actually went better than I thought it would. I glanced at the clock and realized it was already 5 o'clock. So, I hurried around my room and got ready.


***


I was standing out front of the house, waiting for Trevor to get here, when I saw his car driving down my street. My heart skipped a beat, I swear. He came to a stop out front, and put in park, I started walking toward him and his car, when he got out. I stopped walking and wondered what he was doing. He walked to the passengers side of the car, and opened the door for me.
“Ready to go my love?” He asked. This time I thought my heart was going to fall out of my chest!

“Thank you.” I giggled, as I got into the car.

He walked around to the other side and got into the car. We started driving to the theatre, it was kinda weird, I mean we didn't really talk much, but it was nice just sitting there with him. After about 20 minutes we arrived to the movie theatre and went in to see the movie.


***


After the movie, which was pretty good actually, we went back to my house. We sat out front for a little while, just looking at the stars and cuddling. It was so freaking cute! I didn't want the night to end. So I said, “Hey, wanna do some practising on our play?”

“Sure, we need to decide which section we want to act out though.” He smiled.

“I've already got that part figured out,” I said smiling and continued, “We should do the balcony scene.”

Grinning from ear to ear he said, “That sound like a perfect idea! A well-known scene, everyone will understand.”

We got up and headed into my house, and straight to my room. My parents were already in bed, thank god, so that saved any interrogation they may of had planned. I grabbed my copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' and found the starting point. Trevor told me he already knew the whole thing off by heart so, we only needed one book. So, we began to practice. I was standing on my bed, and Trevor was standing on the floor by my bedroom door.

“But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun! It is my lady! O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! See how she leans her cheek upon her hand!

O, that I were a glove upon that hand, That I might touch that cheek!”


Ay me”


“She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel”


O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo Deny thy father and refuse thy name or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet”


“Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?”


“'Tis but thy name that is my enemy. Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face. O, be some other name Belonging to a man. What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other word would smell as sweet.”


“take thee at thy word. Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo.”


My ears have yet not drunk a hundred words Of thy tongue's uttering, yet I know the sound. Art thou not Romeo, and a Montague?”


Neither, fair maid, if either thee...”

Suddenly he stopped and just looked at me. What the hell is he doing I thought to myself.


“Your not done your line. Are you getting tired or some...” He cut me off, by grabbing me off the bed and kissing me. *Fireworks!* It felt so good, so sweet, so amazing! Then he stopped. Why? No don't stop, I felt like saying to him. But, I couldn't, I couldn't even open my mouth.


“I've gotta go, Holly. I'll see ya Monday okay? Sleep well upon thy eyes my fair madien.” And he just left. He walked right out of my room and I just stood there dumb found. What the hell just happened? By the time I was able to make my legs move, he was gone. completely gone.


I locked the door and walked, slowly, back to my room, shut the door, and sat on my bed. What the hell just happened? Why did he leave so quickly? Did I do something wrong? I stayed there, sitting on my bed for the next hour, until finally, I fell back on my bed, and fell asleep.


I didn't wake up until 2 o'clock, in the afternoon on Sunday...


No comments: