“I don't think its a good idea. You're doing well in the high school your at. Why mess it up
now?” my mother continued, “you still get to see your friends after schools over, and on the weekends.”
“It's just not the same mom! I want to be with people I like. Please mom, please! Don't torture me!” I cried, not that whining was doing me any good. My mother could be so...so stubborn and not very understanding. As much as I love her, she could just make me so mad.
“I'm not torturing you, Holly. I just think you need to give this school more of a chance. you've only been there a couple of weeks now. Finish out this semester, and then we'll talk, deal?” she said with the most sympathetic tone she could manage.
“Fine! But I'm gonna hate every minute of it, you'll see the torture your putting me though!” I yelled, as I over dramatically fell on my bed in a fainting motion. My mother let out a sigh and shut my door. I heard her walking down the hall to the living room. I just laid there, in my bed crying and talking to myself. “Okay, so my high school really isn't that bad. The people are nice, I have made quite a few new friends and even met this totally hot guy, who just so happened to be the quarterback on the football team. Plus, going to Headly High was my choice, I had decide at the time it would be better for me to be somewhere that I didn't know a bunch of people. It was my grade nine year, and I knew I'd end up slacking off and not caring about school if I was with my friends. But, Still, I regret it now, and I want to change my mind. I should be allowed to if I want to, shouldn't I? Yeah, I'm only 13, but I'm not dumb, I know what I want, she should know that! I've never done anything she wouldn't approve of, I've always done what my parents have asked of me. God! Why do I even bother?”
Suddenly my door started to creek open and my mother was standing there looking at me with this expression of pure dumbness. “Holly, It's getting late, you have homework to do and you need to get ready for bed. Weather you want to go or not, you still have school in the morning.”
“I know mom,” I said rolling my eyes, “I'll get it done, and I'll obviously be going to torture high! Just leave me alone.” I said into my pillow and she left again.
“It's just not the same mom! I want to be with people I like. Please mom, please! Don't torture me!” I cried, not that whining was doing me any good. My mother could be so...so stubborn and not very understanding. As much as I love her, she could just make me so mad.
“I'm not torturing you, Holly. I just think you need to give this school more of a chance. you've only been there a couple of weeks now. Finish out this semester, and then we'll talk, deal?” she said with the most sympathetic tone she could manage.
“Fine! But I'm gonna hate every minute of it, you'll see the torture your putting me though!” I yelled, as I over dramatically fell on my bed in a fainting motion. My mother let out a sigh and shut my door. I heard her walking down the hall to the living room. I just laid there, in my bed crying and talking to myself. “Okay, so my high school really isn't that bad. The people are nice, I have made quite a few new friends and even met this totally hot guy, who just so happened to be the quarterback on the football team. Plus, going to Headly High was my choice, I had decide at the time it would be better for me to be somewhere that I didn't know a bunch of people. It was my grade nine year, and I knew I'd end up slacking off and not caring about school if I was with my friends. But, Still, I regret it now, and I want to change my mind. I should be allowed to if I want to, shouldn't I? Yeah, I'm only 13, but I'm not dumb, I know what I want, she should know that! I've never done anything she wouldn't approve of, I've always done what my parents have asked of me. God! Why do I even bother?”
Suddenly my door started to creek open and my mother was standing there looking at me with this expression of pure dumbness. “Holly, It's getting late, you have homework to do and you need to get ready for bed. Weather you want to go or not, you still have school in the morning.”
“I know mom,” I said rolling my eyes, “I'll get it done, and I'll obviously be going to torture high! Just leave me alone.” I said into my pillow and she left again.
***
After I was done my stupid homework, I had a shower and got ready for bed just to face another boring, torturing day of school. First though, I had to call my bestie, Sharon. She would understand, she would help me through this totally unfair situation.
The phone seemed to ring forever! Was she even going to answer? Then suddenly, I heard her answer the phone and say,
“Hello?”
“Hey! Sharon. Whats up?”
“Oh, Holly, hey. Nothing really, watchin' some T.V. How about you? Is everything okay?” See this is why I love her so much, she totally gets me, and actually cares.
“I'm alright I guess. Got into another fight with my mom tonight. I just want to go to Melbrook so bad! She doesn't get it though.” I sighed.
“She's so not being fair. I wish I could help you. I want you to come with me there too!” Sharon said.
“Yeah, this is so not helping me any. I'm just gonna go to bed. I'll talk to you tomorrow after school. We're still hanging out right?” I asked.
“Oh hells yes we are, and don't you forget it! Later hun! Miss ya, love ya!” She said in a yawn, as she hung up the phone.
Well, that didn't go the way I had hoped it would, I thought. however, as I was laying there, just starring at the ceiling, my eyes began to get heavy and I wasn't able to keep them open any longer, sleep just took me and I was out.
I tossed and turned all night. I just couldn't get comfortable. No matter how I tried, no matter what I did, nothing was working! I could already tell tomorrow really was gonna be an awful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment